My doctor recommended Celebrex by me, when I came to visit and said about my wrist and hand pain. But I had several side effects: in the night I awoke with had the chills,an extremely bad headache, runny nose, aching muscles, a dry hacking cough. After I took the 2nd pill of 200 mg, I I stopped taking Celebrex, but as my side effects persisted, I thought that it was the flu. 3 weeks later, I again tried the pills of it and on the 2nd day of taking Celebrex, I was again stricken with a headache,chills,the runny nose and nausea.
If you have the follow condition visit to a doctor and tell him about this:
- congestive heart failure, high blood pressure;
- polyps in your nose; or
- heart disease,
- kidney or liver disease,
- blood clot, heart attack;
- a bleeding .
- blood clotting disorder;
- a history of bleeding or stomach ulcers;
- a history of stroke,
- a seizure disorder: epilepsy;
This drug may cause circulation problems or life-threatening heart problems: stroke or heart attack.
Do not use this drug just after or before CABG or coronary artery bypass graft (heart bypass surgery ).
Celebrex may also cause serious effects on the intestines or stomach,such as perforation or bleeding.
Take this medicine with milk or food to lessen stomach upset.
Go to doctor and take this medicine how prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions of this medicine.Do not take for longer or in smaller or larger amounts than recommended your doctor. Store Celebrex away from heat or moisture and at room temperature.
Visit your doctor regularly, because , if you use this medicine long-term, your blood will need to be tested often. If you want to make swallowing easier, open capsule of Celebrex and sprinkle the medicine into an applesauce and eat it. Keep Celebrex in the refrigerator, If you do not take the mixture right away ( take this medicine within six hours).
Inform your doctor if you use:
• water pill (a diuretic ) such as Lasix (furosemide);
• a blood thinner such as warfarin (Jantoven, Coumadin ); • Diflucan (fluconazole);
• Lithobid, Eskalith (lithium);
• an ACE inhibitor : enalapril (Vasotec), ramipril (Altace), benazepril (Lotensin), quinapril (Accupril),lisinopril ( Zestril, Prinivil) and others.
• blood pressure medication or a heart such as eprosartan (Teveten), candesartan (Atacand),losartan (Hyzaar,Cozaar, ), irbesartan (Avalide, Avapro, ), valsartan (Diovan), olmesartan (Benicar)or telmisartan (Micardis) ;
Inform your doctor if you want to take an antidepressant : escitalopram (Lexapro), sertraline (Zoloft), citalopram (Celexa), fluvoxamine (Luvox),fluoxetine (Sarafem,Symbyax, Prozac), paroxetine (Paxil). Taking any of these drugs with an NSAID may cause you to bleed easily or bruise .
P.S. : This list is not complete .
Don’t use Celebrex , if you have any allergic reaction to this medicine(swelling of your lips,face, throat or tongue, hives, difficulty breathing).
Every medicine may have strong or less side effects. Less serious side effects of this medicine may be the next :
• mild skin rash
• diarrhea,upset stomach, gas, bloating ;
• sore throat , stuffy nose or runny;
• nervousness, dizziness, headache;