Celebrex is available in the form of capsules containing either of 50 mg, 100 mg, 200 mg and 400 mg of celecoxib.
As the medicine may cause serious heart and blood circulation effects if used for a long time, its use should be controlled and its dose should not exceed the lowest effective one.
For the treatment of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis it is recommended to use 200 mg of Celebrex once a day or in divided doses.
For the healing of juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and pain relief in children the dose of Celebrex is chosen in accordance with a body weight of a patient. Children whose body weight is from 10 kg to 25 kg should receive 50 mg of Celebrex two times a day. Children who weigh more than 25 mg can receive 100 mg two times a day.
For the treatment of ankylosing spondylitis, the dose of 200 mg is most effective. The dose should be used once a day or in divided doses two times a day. Patients with ankylosing spondylitis may need larger doses up to 400 mg per day to relief the symptoms of this condition.
In the treatment of dysmenorrhea and for pain relief the dose of 400 mg as initial is usually effective. In the following days of treatment the dose of 200 mg should be used.
Celebrex (celecoxib) is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug indicated to reduce pain and inflammation in the body. The hormones causing discomfort, pain and swelling are inhibited by celecoxib. The medicine is available in the capsules containing 50 mg, 100 mg, 200 mg or 400 mg of celecoxib.
Celebrex is effective in the treatment of pain or inflammation caused by arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, hereditary polyps in the colon and menstrual pain.
For the relief of pain and other symptoms of the following conditions, Celebrex is prescribed in the lowest effective dose:
• Rheumatoid Arthritis
• Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
• Ankylosing Spondylitis
• Acute Pain
• Primary Dysmenorrhea
Before using Celebrex a person should get assured that the medicine is safe for health.
My doctor recommended Celebrex by me, when I came to visit and said about my wrist and hand pain. But I had several side effects: in the night I awoke with had the chills,an extremely bad headache, runny nose, aching muscles, a dry hacking cough. After I took the 2nd pill of 200 mg, I I stopped taking Celebrex, but as my side effects persisted, I thought that it was the flu. 3 weeks later, I again tried the pills of it and on the 2nd day of taking Celebrex, I was again stricken with a headache,chills,the runny nose and nausea.
Don’t start to use Celebrex if you have a history of allergy to sulfa drugs, aspirin, or other NSAIDs, or if you have allergy to celecoxib.
If you have the follow condition visit to a doctor and tell him about this:
- congestive heart failure, high blood pressure;
- polyps in your nose; or
- heart disease,
- kidney or liver disease,
- blood clot, heart attack;
- a bleeding .
- blood clotting disorder;
- a history of bleeding or stomach ulcers;
- a history of stroke,
- a seizure disorder: epilepsy;
This drug may cause circulation problems or life-threatening heart problems: stroke or heart attack.
Do not use this drug just after or before CABG or coronary artery bypass graft (heart bypass surgery ).
Celebrex may also cause serious effects on the intestines or stomach,such as perforation or bleeding.
Take this medicine with milk or food to lessen stomach upset.
Go to doctor and take this medicine how prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions of this medicine.Do not take for longer or in smaller or larger amounts than recommended your doctor. Store Celebrex away from heat or moisture and at room temperature.
Visit your doctor regularly, because , if you use this medicine long-term, your blood will need to be tested often. If you want to make swallowing easier, open capsule of Celebrex and sprinkle the medicine into an applesauce and eat it. Keep Celebrex in the refrigerator, If you do not take the mixture right away ( take this medicine within six hours).
Inform your doctor if you use:
• water pill (a diuretic ) such as Lasix (furosemide);
• a blood thinner such as warfarin (Jantoven, Coumadin ); • Diflucan (fluconazole);
• Lithobid, Eskalith (lithium);
• an ACE inhibitor : enalapril (Vasotec), ramipril (Altace), benazepril (Lotensin), quinapril (Accupril),lisinopril ( Zestril, Prinivil) and others.
• blood pressure medication or a heart such as eprosartan (Teveten), candesartan (Atacand),losartan (Hyzaar,Cozaar, ), irbesartan (Avalide, Avapro, ), valsartan (Diovan), olmesartan (Benicar)or telmisartan (Micardis) ;
Inform your doctor if you want to take an antidepressant : escitalopram (Lexapro), sertraline (Zoloft), citalopram (Celexa), fluvoxamine (Luvox),fluoxetine (Sarafem,Symbyax, Prozac), paroxetine (Paxil). Taking any of these drugs with an NSAID may cause you to bleed easily or bruise .
P.S. : This list is not complete .
Don’t use Celebrex , if you have any allergic reaction to this medicine(swelling of your lips,face, throat or tongue, hives, difficulty breathing).
Every medicine may have strong or less side effects. Less serious side effects of this medicine may be the next :
• mild skin rash
• diarrhea,upset stomach, gas, bloating ;
• sore throat , stuffy nose or runny;
• nervousness, dizziness, headache;
Stop using this medicine if you have any side effect. Inform your doctor if you have:
• weakness,chest pain, slurred speech, shortness of breath,problems with balance or vision;
• bloody,tarry stools or black ;
• vomit that looks like coffee grounds or coughing up blood ;
• rapid weight gain or swelling ;
• urinating less than usual ;
• upper stomach pain, nausea, loss of appetite, itching, dark urine, jaundice (yellowing of the eyes or skin), clay-colored stools
• bruising,skin rash, muscle weakness, numbness, severe tingling,pain;
• severe skin reaction -sore throat,swelling in your tongue or face, fever, skin pain,burning in your eyes, followed by a purple or red skin rash that spreads (especially in upper body or in the face ) and causes peeling and blistering.
This drug is used to treat inflammation or pain caused by menstrual pain, ankylosing spondylitis and arthritis. Also you make to take this drug (Celebrex) if you hereditary polyps in the colon This medicine belongs to a group of medicines called NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs). Celebrex works by reducing hormones that cause pain and inflammation in the body of human.
There are also other purposes, which not listed in this medication guide.